Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And the wait continues...

I'm officially 3 days past my due date and had an appointment with my doctor this morning. Oh the joy I felt when she shared that I was still only 1 cm (and that's being generous) dilated. So, should the little one within not declare herself before Friday the 26th, Maria's birthday, we will be scheduling an induction starting on Sunday.

The induction will not begin straight away - we will have to dilate that cervix before they start the Pitocin and the induction. Keep your fingers crossed - my co-worker had the same procedure done and 36 hours later she had her cute little boy in her arms; and our friend Megan - the first induction didn't take and they sent her home only for her to return again almost a week later to try again.

I'm hoping that Miss Hannah Jane will make her appearance no later than September 30 - making her the last entry in the 3rd quarter of 2008.

Until she does, Wade, Haden and I will continue to plug away and enjoy the quiet. We'll keep y'all posted!

1 comment:

Sohn J. said...

Nicole,
We're so excited for you guys! So close! Hang in there....Shelly went from almost no change in dilation for weeks to having Sophie in hours. You may still not have to induce.

Love,
John, Shelly, and Sophie