The age old song that accompanies the A, B, C's is something that Wade and I have been singing to Hannah since she emerged from the womb. While she has been identifying the alphabet for quite some time now, until very recently singing has not been an activity in which Hannah has readily engaged. (Despite her Daddy's and big sister's talents) One day a week or so ago, I heard her sing "X, Y, Z, Now I See." (Instead of "now I know my ABCs). While not a perfect rendition, her sweet little voice made me smile!
Hannah is growing and changing and becoming a little toddler instead of a baby! She's talking in sentences now - although "Dat" is still very much a part of her lexicon. The other day - Wade and I were in the play room and she said - clear as a bell - "I see a ball." Wade and I looked at each other and checked to make sure the other one heard the same thing. Indeed. She knows how old she is. When asked, she works to assemble her fingers correctly and says, "one!"
She L-O-V-E-S to do farm animal sounds. While she persists in calling a cow a "tow" and a cat is "tat" - her mooooo and meow are quite convincing. She's also taken to talking a bit like Yoda. Wade and I were watching the news the other morning and she exclaimed rather emphatically - "No, no, no, Mama!! Dora! Watch!" Whenever she sees the vacuum (not running) - she walks by it rather boldly, lays both hands on it and says "TOUCH!" (Here's to hoping she feels the same way in a few years when I want her to run it!)
Nana & Pop came to visit - over Pop's birthday weekend. Hannah was very excited to be with her family! She visited with her Aunt Shannon, Uncle Scott - her cousins, Grace & Lily - and also had the ability to partake in Pop's yummy chocolate birthday cake!! There was swimming, coloring (she kind of hogged the drawing pad that Grace & Lily brought with them along with their crayons!), running, quality time & lots of hugs and sweetness. We have a picture album in her room with pictures of all of her grandparents and she points and says, "Pop!" - "Nana!" I've no doubt she is excited about the next time she can spend time with them. (Don't worry Ma - she still points to your picture and says "Nana!" as well. :)
It seems as though Hannah has my energy level (uh - 35+ years ago). She is a hard charging, hard playing bundle of energy! She gets up in the morning, curious about everything - particularly the status of her Dora collection (which she has courtesy of her sweet cousins Grace and Lily) - plays - eats - runs - plays - talks incessantly - and that's all before 7:30 am. We were at our friends Kevin & Beth's house one afternoon for a barbeque and she discovered Samantha's jungle gym. Holy cow - she went and went and went and went stopping only to grab a quick couple of gulps of water from time to time. She was the last kid to stop playing - rosy cheeked and drenched in sweat!
She is now taking swim lessons with mama two days a week and just loves it. She has no fear of going under water. While she is still working on knowing how to kick and scoop her hands - she still will jump off the side like a champ. My mom always promised me one just like me - and oh my goodness - I think that is exactly what I've gotten. God help us all. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment